Okay, let's face it, organizing your closet is a hassle you don’t always have the energy to deal with. The mere thought of sorting through piles of clothes and struggling to maintain order can be a real buzzkill, and honestly between PTA meetings, work conferences, and just regular life, there just isn’t enough time! But fear not, we've got your back. As fellow lazy girls with busy schedules, we're here to share some easy-to-execute tips and tricks that will make organizing your closet a breeze, without the hassle and boredom. Get ready to tackle your unruly wardrobe with minimal effort and maximum results. Say goodbye to feeling overwhelmed and hello to an effortlessly organized closet that will make your lazy-girl heart sing. Let's dive into these hacks and make closet organization a whole lot more enjoyable.
Edit and Purge: First things first, edit your closet and remove items you haven’t worn since your college days. This will ensure that your closet will be easier to organize in the future (and more likely to stay organized).
- Start Fresh: There are two ways to start purging your closet, you can take everything out of your closet to begin with a clean slate. Or, if you don’t feel like taking everything out, you can simply take a hard look at your closet and grab all the pieces that you don’t wear as frequently. These may be hidden in the back of your closet, or be located at the bottom of the pile. This is your time to assess each item and determine what stays and what goes.
- The One-Year Rule: A simple rule to abide by, if you haven't worn a piece of clothing in over a year, it's time to bid farewell.
- Keep Versatility in Mind: Focus on keeping versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched easily. Opt for timeless classics that can be dressed up or down effortlessly. Meaning that if you bought an eccentric piece for a themed party once, maybe it’s time to retire it.
Smart Storage Solutions: Creating an organized system means that in the future you will have less to do.
- Categorize and Group: Sort your clothing into categories, such as tops, bottoms, dresses, and outerwear. This makes it easier to find what you need and helps maintain order. That way even when you’re in a rush, or simply putting your clothes away, it’s easy to find everything.
- Utilize Closet Dividers: Use dividers to separate your clothing categories and create distinct sections within your closet. It adds visual clarity and makes finding specific items a breeze.
- Invest in Space-Saving Hangers: Slim, non-slip hangers not only save space but also prevent clothes from slipping off. They create a uniform look and help maintain a tidy appearance. The Long Garment Hanger helps you not only save space but allows you to find all your favorite long garments all the easier!
Clever Organization Techniques: The real secret to lazy girl organization hacks is creating systems that work for you and maintaining them. When you do this you’ll find that the need to organize your closet is much less frequently needed.
- Color Coordination: Try organizing your clothes by color, not only is it visually pleasing but it’s easy to maintain and also makes it easier to find what you're looking for.
- Fold Strategically: Utilize folding techniques like the KonMari method for items like sweaters, jeans, and t-shirts. It maximizes space and keeps your clothes easily accessible. This is a little more complex, but it gives you that accomplished feeling!
- Utilize Shelves: Having shelves is one of the best lazy girls’ hacks for the closet organization because it’s just so easy to fold and put your clothes away, and the more shelving you have the more organized and categorized you can get. Our suggestion, try to get a floating shoe shelving unit and use it as extra shelving!
- Shoe Storage Solutions: Invest in shoe racks, clear shoe boxes, or hanging shoe organizers to keep your footwear neatly stored and visible. No more searching for that missing pair of shoes!
Simplify and Streamline:
- Seasonal Rotation: Store out-of-season clothing in vacuum-sealed bags or boxes to free up space and keep your closet clutter-free.
- Regular Maintenance: Dedicate a few weekly minutes (and put in your calendar or set as a recurring task in any of your digital to-do list apps) to decluttering and reorganizing your closet. A little effort goes a long way in maintaining long-term order.
Additional Lazy-Girl Hacks:
- Utilize Over-the-Door Organizers: Hang an over-the-door organizer to store accessories like scarves, belts, and purses. It keeps them easily accessible while maximizing space.
- Create a Donations Bin: Keep a designated bin or bag in your closet for items you no longer want. That way it’s easy to get rid of clothes as soon as you see something that no longer serves you, rather than “waiting until later.” When it's full, donate it to a local charity or clothing drive.
Organizing your closet may seem like a hassle, but with these lazy girl hacks, it becomes a breeze. Start by editing and purging your wardrobe, keeping versatile pieces while bidding farewell to items you haven't worn in ages. Utilize smart storage solutions like categorizing, using dividers, and investing in space-saving hangers. Adopt clever organization techniques such as color coordination and strategic folding, and make use of shelves and shoe storage. Simplify and streamline by storing out-of-season clothing and dedicating regular maintenance. Additional tips include using over-the-door organizers for accessories and keeping a donations bin handy. Embrace these effortless hacks and enjoy an organized closet that makes your daily routine easier.